The Stardate Plugin for WordPress is a novelty plugin designed to add stardates to your WordPress-powered website. It allows you to-
- Replace the post/page “published on” date displayed in your theme with the actual stardate the post/page was published on,
- Insert the current stardate in the content of any post or page using a custom shortcode, for example-
- Insert the current stardate into your theme anywhere you like with a custom function, for example-
<php stardate_theme('classic'); ?>
Currently, you can display either the “Classic” stardate format from the original television or movies series or the stardate format from the latest movie released in 2009. More formats coming soon! Here it is in action:
Star Trek XI: 2016.34
It comes with a handy admin page which, once you activate the theme, can be found under “Settings” > “Stardate”. This admin page will let you control whether you want to replace all the publicly viewable dates on your site with the stardate, or just enable the shortcode and theme function.
- Download and unzip the plugin file `stardate.zip`,
- Upload the folder `stardate` to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory,
- Activate the plugin “Stardate” through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- That’s it! Look under “Settings” for your options page called “Stardate” and follow the instructions.